The Project Pal is aiming to develop a comprehensive approach and endorse a number of goals in education, employment in order to speed up Roma Integration and support the implementation of national Roma inclusion strategies and the Council Recommendation of Roma Integration.
The project aims to support Roma youth participation of different levels, by gathering qualitative data about approaches and practices of Roma youth and supporting initiatives where Roma participation is key to long-term change.
The Specific Objectives of the project involve:
- Fighting discrimination and anti-Gypsyism.
- Enhancing multi-stakeholder cooperation.
- Promoting common democratic values, strengthening fundamental rights and consolidating the rule of law are horizontal concerns for the participant countries.
- Debating the way forward for the European network for Roma social Inclusion.
- To develop capacities for Roma participation at regional and local level.
- To develop data and information on forms, approaches, challenges of Roma participation.
- To raise awareness among relevant stakeholders concerning the need to assure annual access to education and employment.
- To train and transfer skills on desegregation to trainers and other stakeholders at grassroots levels in order to achieve Roma’ children and youth integration in education and employment process.